THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT
How to Love the World with Rosemerry Trommer – 5 Week Discussion Series in Sept: Two Sessions Available
What has the power to change every moment? Gratitude. And what has the power to inspire us when we are at our most desperate? Hope. In this five-week discussion series, poet Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer leads conversations about the poems in How to Love the World: Poems of Gratitude and Hope, a luminous anthology of beloved and emerging writers, edited by the wondrous James Crews.
Each week, we’ll engage in “attending to what we love, what we are astonished by, what flummoxes us with beauty,” as Ross Gay writes in the foreword. Poets in the anthology include Tracy K. Smith, Ross Gay, Naomi Shihab Nye, Ellen Bass, Joy Harjo, Jane Hirshfield, Mark Nepo and more. No poetry background necessary. No reading ahead required. Just a willingness to show up, to listen with the ears of your heart, to share your authentic response.
How To Register
- Choose which session you’d like to attend. There are two sessions of this class available. Choose between Monday or Tuesday; beginning Sept. 13 or Sept. 14 (2:00 pm to 4:00 pm MDT).
- Choose the price you are able to pay for this class. Take a deep breath and choose between the following pricing options for the 5 week series.
- $200 – Your pass supports another individual
- $140 – Your pass covers all costs for yourself (use discount code SHYFT30 for 30% off)
- $100 – If. you are in financial need, your community can help (use discount code SHYFT50 for 50% off)
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties and require a scholarship, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase a copy of the book before the start date of the series.