Dear SHYFT community,
It feels like only yesterday that we all gathered in celebration of our grand opening. The global health crisis we’re facing wasn’t part of our plan–or yours. But we’re here. And we’re choosing to focus on what we CAN do at this time, and invite you to join us as we do.
To do our part to “flatten the curve” and reduce the spread of coronavirus, we’re suspending classes. We’ve reviewed the science and believe this is the right choice for us to make at this time.
- We also know the science behind how stress, fear, and social isolation impact the human body and mind as well as the value of a daily meditation practice. We believe the classes we offer are needed now more than ever; and
- We recognize the hardship facing our independent instructors–many of whom’s livelihood depends on teaching in-person classes that are being cancelled beyond our studio; and
- Our hearts go out to all of our friends in the events industry, who face similar uncertainties.
- Our amazing instructors, Marco, Alexis, and Alba, are creating videos for our Instagram and Facebook, aimed at helping you reduce stress and get back into your body through mindful movement and breath.
- For those of you avoiding social media, we are planning to upload content to YouTube–we’ll let you know when it’s ready.
- We’re exploring the option of hosting yoga and meditation classes via ZOOM — so stay tuned!
- We invite you to share your stories of how you’re using mindfulness to navigate this space. Email or share your story on social.
- We’ll be communicating with more frequency through newsletters, this blog, and on social media. Please share, like, and comment as you see fit.